A few weeks ago I was asked to sponsor the slow living Sydney workshop for morning tea, which was run by the talented team of Luisa Brimble and Beth Kirby from local milk.
Beth baked a southern specialty for their workshop - rhubarb galette; utilising the wonderful rhubarb grown at Glenmore house.
I was inspired too, to bake a galette using my rhubarb jam and spring berries.
Rhubarb and berry galette
- Sweet pastry
- Rhubarb jam
- Fresh raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
- Egg wash
- Demerara sugar
- Wild rocket leaves
- Pre heat your oven to 180c.
- Roll out a piece of sweet pastry into a rough circle, not perfect.
- In the centre of the sweet pastry place a few dollops of rhubarb jam, leaving an edge around the pastry.
- Sprinkle your berries over the jam.
- Slowly fold in the sides of your galette to form a raised edge.
- Egg wash the crust/edge of the galette and sprinkled it generously with demerara sugar to give it a nice crunchy and sweet edge.
- Bake the tart at 180c, for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and baked through.
- Garnished with wild rocket flowers and oh of course a dollop of mascarpone to finish it off.